|DUBLIN | MEATH | SLIGO||2007 -|
Codes is an indie/electronic band from Dublin. Formed in 2007, the current line up features Daragh Anderson [Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Synths & Samples], Eoin Stephens [Guitars, Vocals, Piano & Synths], Paul Reilly [Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Glockenspiel & Samples] and Raymond Hogge [Guitar, Vocals, Piano & Synth]. Daragh and Paul had previously played together as part of Lost. Raymond had played bass guitar with Inelement. Stephen Burke [Bass Guitar], who had also been in Lost is understaood to have played with an early incarnation of the group.
The band was very quick to release some recorded output with the singles 'Edith' and 'Cities' following soon after the inception of the band. Two further singles 'This Is Goodbye' and 'Guided By Ghosts' were released in 2008. Towards the end of that year, Codes started work on their debut album with Greg Haver.
In May 2009, the quartet signed a record deal with EMI. 'This Is Goodbye' was re-issued in July with 'You Are Here' being the final single released before their debut album, 'Trees Dream In Algebra'. In January 2010, the album was nominated for the Choice Music Award.
- Band formed [July]
- Release of 'Edith' single [21 September]
- Release of 'Cities' single as a digital download [23 November]
- Release of 'This Is Goodbye' single
- Release of 'Guided By Ghosts' single [10 October]
- Re-Release of 'This Is Goodbye' single [10 July]
- Release of 'You Are Here' single [11 September]
- Release of 'Trees Dream In Algebra' album [18 September]
- The 'Trees Dream In Algebra' album is nominated for the 2009 Choice Music Award [January]
- Release of 'In Algebra' single [12 February]
- Re-Release of 'This Is Goodbye' single [21 May]
- Release of 'Starry Eyed' single [09 November]